Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Tuesday. Frozen Tundra, Hands Hands Hands



A tuesday blogpost...coming to you live from the life drawing room. Today in class we critiqued our shells. I will post my shell drawing w/india ink-we have one more to complete but I am quite pleased by it. I was very impressed with Alisha's and Annie's as well as well as Matt's! I took good notes for improving my next shell drawing and I am rather excited. Annie used this amazing remedy of teas, and the brillance of the color of the tea was something that surprised me quite a bit. I like to be surprised. Today was a very relaxed day in class. Amy gave a brief lecture on hands, and we drew each others. I worked on Alisha's hands for awhile. I am going to try to do a few other studies as hands are something I feel my figurative work is weak on.

So...it's approaching. The end of the semester. I cannot believe it. My mannequin muscles are something I should update you all on--here's how it's going: not so hot. I will be updating on Thursday for a special edition post on the muscles. STAY TUNED (and oh so excited.) Allen needs to look really good for finals.

In Baroque Art, I am collaborating with my fellow artist Missy Hoch in recreating some famous paintings and works of art in Baroque art, and putting a contemporary spin on them. Here I am as the girl with the pearl earring by Vermeer:
I am pleased with it. I will also post some photographs of Missy as Artemesia Gentileschi. I think this portrait turned out as we wanted it to. It captures the feeling of the original painting, but with a contemporary feeling. What do you guys think? Does it translate?
I also am hard at work sorting out my work I am doing for the advanced Sculpture show "We Hate it When Our Friends Become Successful." It will be on December 17th, and will also provide any students who are thinking about signing up for sculpture II next semester (you should!) the opportunity to check out our new studio space. So mark that on your calenders as well. It's the same night as the senior shows so I think we will all be able to wander around check out some awesome work, and pat ourselves on the back for making it through another semester.

I will be posting more this week. If you have read this I applaud you!

1 comment:

  1. Whoa! That photo is really startling! I'm not used to seeing you look so serious and reserved; you're usually bubbly as all get out! You do look kind of sad, too, just like the girl with the pearl earring. Although, she did have her mouth slightly open if you notice. All-in-all, great work kiddo!

    ReplyDelete