Saturday, December 18, 2010

Quiet Weekend Update




I am
sitting in my living room assessing what left I have to do, and what I have gotten done so far. All while watching Titanic. One of my favorite movies I have to say. It's everyone's secret favorite. Yesterday was a really busy day
in Applied Arts, the senior design shows were happening and they were really wonderful!! The faculty show was going on as well as the Life Drawing II show. First I have to comment, the life drawing II show was amazing. The accuracy of their skeletons was something straight out of an anatomy book. I was very very impressed. The Faculty show was as always really enjoyable, I love being able to see our professors own work after knowing them in class. So here's some of what I put together for our sculpture show.

the text used is from contemporary female pop music. I guess I decided to do this and use this as a means of a language because it went with my theme of exploring the celebrity all semester. My intentions are to get the viewer to start connecting the photographs, the lyrics and thinking about the way pop culture seeps into our every day life. I aesthetically really liked the visual product of this. The series was projected onto the back wall of my space. So that was last night. A lot of appetizers for dinner. I'm generally exhausted today. I have done a lot of going back and forth. On thursday night I was back in Minneapolis, and I am so excited to be back in the cities.

I have been thinking a lot about what I have learned this semester. And that will be discussed in my final portfolio! Missy and I turned in our art history project. That is another thing that I was pleased with the results. Just crossing things off my list. Not my Christmas list. Not yet...haven't done any shopping. oops. 1 week till christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment